Mississauga's High School Parent Guide is now available to answer any pressing questions you may have about your child's high school education.
Do you have a child starting high school in September? Are there lots of questions that you need answered such as:
- Can my child leave school property at lunch?
- How many credits are needed for a diploma?
- How many hours of community service must be completed before my child can graduate?
The Peel District School Board has released their new guide titled, Ready? Set? High School! Parent Guide. The guide, funded by the board's Parent Involvement Committee (PIC), was created to help parents and students transition into secondary school.
The guide includes information for parents about:
- how to get involved in their child's education;
- leaving school property during school hours;
- the school year calendar;
- attendance rules;
- student safety and well-being;
- assessment, evaluation, and reporting;
- contact information for FAQ;
- student resources such as "Homework Help", an online math tutoring website
Printed versions of the guide in English will be distributed to families in June. Translations will also be available in 10 other languages (Arabic, Chinese – Simplified and Traditional, Gujarati, Hindi, Punjabi, Spanish, Tamil, Urdu and Vietnamese). Here's the link again for the Mississauga High School Parent's Guide.
As always, you can see the rankings for Mississauga's Best High Schools right here on iMississauga Real Estate, and if you have any questions about the best schools or real estate in the area, please contact us or leave a comment below!